Well actually there is.. We have this thing called, "Symbolic Interactionism"
As the name implies, symbolic interactionism is most concerned with the processes and results of human communication through gestures and sounds with shared meanings.
Source: http://www.lotsofessays.com/viewpaper/1684598.html
"I and Me" in Symbolic Interactionism
- "I"- process of thinking and acting (based in individual interests)
- "Me"- reflective process- "generalized other" refers to the "self", again looking at oneself through the eyes of a "generalized other"
- Generalized Other is a form of social control
- "I" responds to "me" and "me" reflects the "I"
- "I" is responsible for social change
Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jwOTkj4cnU
Conclusion: "I" is different from "Me" because...
“I” is the person who you think you are. “Me” is the person the people around you think you are.
An example for this is when people completely misunderstood what you really mean..
One incident was a friend was talking to me. I was very interested in her kwento.
While she was telling me her story, I said, "Ah talaga? Oh tapos?"
What she thought is that I was being mean to her and that I am being sarcastic.
But then, I really mean it when I said the words,
it's just that the way I pronounced it came out in a wrong way.
When connecting it to the "I and Me" topic, "I" shows here that I really mean what I said and that I am very interested. But then a misunderstanding came up that the "Me" in the situation was when she thought I was being sarcastic.
No comments:
Post a Comment