Saturday, October 15, 2011

As a Team Captain

Me as a Team Captain is an example of Manded Altercasting

I was a team captain of two teams: 
Cheerleading Team and Badminton Team of St. Scholastica's College Westgrove.



There are things which I learned about being a Team Captain.

A team captain's first priority is her team!
Based from my experiences, I learned different things when it comes to my team. My team is called as, "Il Baile". It is in Spanish, which means "to dance". As a leader, I inspire and motivate my team. I work 5 times as hard as them to show them what should be done. When you're leader, your members act as your followers. You show them what they should follow. It taught me strength. I can never show my members that I am weak, I have to show them that I am strong in every way to keep them together. 

There's this also one thing which I learned, "Delegate; Do not abdicate". I don't do all the work all the time. For me, I practice my team with Equality and Unity. We work as a team. I have my teammates to help me with things and to make things lighter.

(I'm at the center together with the other team captains)

In order to give out good training, I show my members how things should be done. I practice things many times before teaching it to my team, just to make sure I show them what it should be done. I model good character and integrity to my team. 


The most important is that I discipline them. I tell them when things should be taken seriously and when it's time for jokes. As a Team Captain, I should be disciplined. I watch every move carefully, because one wrong move might destroy my name. 

Those were the things which I should do and what I did as a Team Captain.

1 comment: